The New Jersey Mental Health Institute, Inc. (NJMHI), an outgrowth of the New Jersey Association of Mental Health and Addiction Agencies (NJAMHAA), is a private nonprofit charitable organization based in Mercerville, New Jersey. The Institute was established in July 2000 to promote quality mental health services through training, technical assistance, research, policy development, and anti-stigma and anti-discrimination campaigns.
For more information visit the NJMHI website at: www.njmhi.org
About the National Resource Center (NRCHMH)
The National Resource Center for Hispanic Mental Health is a private non-profit charitable organization, a 501 (c)(3) dedicated to promoting quality mental health services through policy development initiatives, training, technical assistance, research, data collection, best practice development, and anti-stigma and anti-discrimination campaigns.
The NRCHMH specifically aims to reduce disparities and to increase treatment quality and availability of mental health services for Hispanics throughout the nation. The NRCHMH also aims to heighten awareness, acceptance and understanding of mental illness among the nation’s Hispanic population. These goals are accomplished by implementing a number of intervention strategies focused on:
- Developing culturally competent resources and tools for behavioral health administrators, direct service providers and other stakeholders.
- Creating and fostering the development and institutionalization of best practice programs.
- Conceptualizing and implementing high-quality trainings on culturally competent mental health service delivery and on policy development and advocacy.
- Supporting the planning, development and implementation of policies and systems of care at the local, state and national levels.
- Developing comprehensive and user-friendly vehicles to disseminate information in English and Spanish on an array of mental health topics, research studies, available resources for consumers, family members and providers and important field related events.
For more information, visit their website at: www.nrchmh.org