Last modified: Apr 27, 2020 Location: Trenton, NJ 08619 Target Area: County
- The President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America
- Office of National Drug Control Policy COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- From the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS):
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers
- CMS Increases Medicare Payment for High-Production Coronavirus Lab Tests
- Open Payment Program
- CMS Accelerated and Advance Payment Program Fact Sheet
- Phone call audio from CMS Administrator Seema Verma, Deborah Brix, M.D., the White House Coronavirus task force, and officials from the FDA, CDC, and FEMA on the topic of COVID-19 flexibilities.
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers
- CMS' Blanket Waivers to the Stark Law Offer Relief to Providers During COVID-19 Emergency
- Toolkit to expedite applications and approval of State waivers requests.
- CMS Offers Guidance on expedited CLIA Clarification
- New video providing answers to FAQs about the Medicare telehealth services benefit.
- CMS has been hosting regular calls with a variety of clinicians, hospitals, other facilities, and states in an effort to keep stakeholders updated on our COVID-19 efforts. Click here to read the transcripts of those calls.
- CMS announced temporary regulatory changes.
- CMS sent a letter to the nation's hospitals on behalf of Vice President Pence requesting they report data in connection with their efforts to fight the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Click here to read the letter.
- The White House directed hospitals to report COVID-19 testing data to HHS, and data on bed capacity and supplies to the CDC.
- A Summary of Recent CMS Activities (March 28, 2020)
- On Friday, March 27, CMS issued an electronic toolkit regarding telehealth and telemedicine for Long Term Care Nursing Home Facilities.
A Summary of Recent CMS Activities (March 26, 2020)
- CMS Approves 12 Additional State Medicaid Waivers to Give States Flexibility to Address the Coronavirus Disease 2019
- New Guidance Regarding Enhanced Medicaid Funding for States- Federal Medical Assistance Percentage and FAQs
- 2019-Novel Coronavirus Medicare Provider Enrollment Relief FAQs
- FAQS and Guidance on Payment and Grace Periods, Telehealth for Private Coverage and Prescription Drugs
- FAQs on Enforcing Open Payment Deadlines
- CMS approved Medicaid waivers for 11 more states to relax enrollment and other requirements. This includes New Jersey, where pre-admission screening and other requirements were suspended or relaxed.
- Letter from the Mental Health Caucus to CMS and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services asking to expand telehealth access for behavioral and metnal health services.
- Homepage for general Medicaid Telehealth Guidance
- Medicare Telemedicine Health Care Provider Fact Sheet
- Virtual Toolkit to help you stay up-to-date on CMS materials available on COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions on Catastrophic Health Coverage and the Coronavirus
- Additional Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to aid state Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) agencies in their response to the COVID-19) outbreak
- Actions to assist rest homes
- CMS posted Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes and payment amounts determined by Local Medicare Administrative Contractors here.
- The Reform Incentive Payment Program (DSRIP) reporting deadline was extended past March 31. Email NJDSRIP@pcgus.com with questions.
- CMS details existing federal rules governing individual and small group health coverage that apply to the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 here.
- HHS is waiving certain Medicare, Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) program restrictions. Learn more.
- Reporting deadlines for the Reform Incentive Payment Program (DSRIP), originally slated for March 31, have been extended. DSRIP participants can email NJDSRIP@pcgus.com with questions.
- Medicare will reimburse patients for virtual check-ins, where they do not step foot in an office. Doctors and some practitioners may bill for these virtual check-in services using HCPCS G2012 or HCPCS G2010. Read more about the rules and restrictions here.
- CMS' description of essential health benefit (EHB) coverage for the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 can be found here.
- EHB coverage generally includes medically necessary quarantine supervised by a qualified medical provider during a hospital admission. Read more.
- If your practice or organization has staff that recently traveled abroad or may otherwise have contacted an infected individual, the NJDOH outlines steps to follow here.
- Businesses in New Jersey, including health providers and medical offices, can get information on statewide rules and guidelines affecting their organization and employees here.
- Does your office do research? The HHS is accepting abstract submissions of 2019-nCoV diagnostics for potential funding.
- CMS' own Coronavirus Partner Toolkit filled with resources and guidance for practices, caregivers and the general public.
- New Coronavirus Law Allowing Waiver of Telehealth Restrictions for Medicare
- Senior Medical Patrol's Scam Alert
- If you have any other questions, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-973-642-4055.
- Medicare.gov: Medicare and Coronavirus (including info. on Telehealth and Related Services)
The Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for state Medicaid and
Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) agencies.
- Updated Affordable Care Act Federal Upper Limits (FUL) calculated in accordance with the Medicaid Covered Outpatient Drug final rule with comment is available on the Pharmacy Pricing page.
SAMHSA's latest compiled resources is
- SAMHSA's COVID-19 Guidance and Resources includes the following resources:
- Training and Technical Assistance Related to COVID-19
- SAMHSA/DEA Guidance: Buprenorphine and Telemedicine COVID-19 Guidance
- SAMHSA Virtual Recovery Resources
- SAMHSA Webinar: COVID-19 NNED Virtual Roundtable (Thurs, April 23., 3 p.m. EST)
- SAMHSA GAINS Webinar: Data & Information Sharing with SIM (Tues. May 5, 2-3 p.m. EST)
- Telebehavioral Health Training and Technical Assistance
- COVID-19 Guidance for Opioid Treatment
- Considerations for the Care and Treatment of Mental and Substance Use Disorders in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- FAQs: Provision of Methadone and Buprenorphine for the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder in the COVID-19 Emergency
- Sample OTP COVID-19 FAQs Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation during Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Use the Telemedicine While Providing Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- TAP 34: Disaster Planning Handbook for Behavioral Health Treatment Programs
- Medicare Telemedicine Health Care Provider Fact Sheet- Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services
- Notification of Enforcement Discretion on Telehealth Remote Communications
- TIP 42: Substance Abuse Treatment for Persons with Co-Occurring Disorders
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
The Northeast Caribbean Mental Health Technology
Transfer Center Network (MHTTC):
Latest resources are available here.
- The Pacific Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network published a virtual learning guide.
- The CARES Act:
- A summary of the CARES Act that is found on Senator Menendez's website.
- The office of US Senator Cory Booker prepared The Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act
- Questions and awnsers about the CARES Act from the National Association of Count Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Directors.
- Food and Drug Administration- The CARES Act: Relief for Health Care Providers
- Expanded Unemployment Insurance Access and Benefits: 4 Key Takeaways From the CARES Act
- New SBA Regulations Provide Clarity on the Application of the CARES Act Payment Protection to Tax-Exempt Nonprofit Organizations
- From Mercaiden:
- Families First Coronavrus Response Act:
- Summary of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act from the Pro Bono Partnership
The U.S. Department of Labor published
temporary rule focusing on paid leave.
- The USDOL has provided Questions and Answers regarding the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Click here.
- COVID-19 Tax credits for Emergency Paid Leave and Emergency Paid Family Leave is now available.
- Federal Legislation and Funding Enacted to Address COVID-19
- Forum Selection Clause Not Enforced and Parties May Seek Relief in Alternate Forums Due to COVID-19
- The CARES Act:
- CDC Resources:
- General information about COVID-19
- Priority Testing Patients
- Official COVID-19 Coding and Reporting Guidelines
- CDC's COVID-19 One Page Fact Sheet
- Communication resources
- Center for MH in Schools & Student/Learning Supports
- CDC - Infection Prevention & Control Recommendations
- CDC - Workforce Preparation for Pandemic
- CDC - Clinical Protocols & Guidance for Testing for COVID-19
- CDC - Patient Communication Tools & Resources
- CDC - Addressing COVID-19 Stigma & Resilience
- COVID-19 Guidance for older adults from the CDC
- CDC's Share Facts, Not Fear Fact Sheet
- CDC's Guidance for People at Risk of Serious Illness from COVID-19
- CDC's Managing Stress and Anxiety During COVID-19
- CDC Guidance for Responing to COVID-19 Among People Experiencing Homelessness
- CDC Guidance for Responding to COVID-19 for Homeless Service Providers
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Questions and Awnsers
- New Federal Coronavirus Bill Waives Medicare Telehealth Restrictions
- Federal bill that would increase Medicaid funding, removed cost-sharing for COVID-19 testing, and testing for people without health insurance. Read more
- From U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development:
- From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS):
- HHS Approves Purchase of Rapid Point-of-Care Tests
- HHS awards $100 million to health centers for their COIVD-19 response
- Promoting Interoperability Program participants until June 30 to submit 2019 attestations.
- Limited Waiver of HIPAA Sanctions and Penalties during a National Public Health Emergency
- HHS Expands Telehealth Benefits, Waives Penalties for Potential Resulting HIPAA Violations
- Additional HIPAA information
- Comprehensive and Updated FAQs for Employers
- Notification of Enforcement Discretion for telehealth remote communications
- National Institutes of Health- The National Library of Medicine Expands Access to Coronavirus Literature Through PubMed Central
- Office of Civil Rights:
- Health Resources & Services Administration:
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
- HRSA - Emergency Preparedness & Continuity of Operations
- Health Center Resource Clearing House
- Caring for the Homeless Population
- Centene Steps to Cover and Protect Members
- NIDA: COVID-19 potential implications for individuals with SUDs
- Caron's Coronavirus-related Protocols for Treatment Centers
- Fact Sheet: Safer Drug Use during the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Fact Sheet: Syringe Services and Harm Reduction Provider Operations during the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Blog on compassion fatigue by Varun Choudhary, MD, Magellan Health
- Horizon Eliminating Cost Sharing for Telemedicine
- The Environmental Protection Agency updated a list of disinfectants that work against the virus
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Federal Register: Promoting Telehealth for Low-Income Customers. The FCC released an order that established a COVID-19 telehealth program to support health care providers responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The FCC also adopted final rules for a long-term Connected Care Pilot Program.
- The Joint Commission have curated COVID-19 resources. Click here to access their daily updated library of resources. Click here to read a summary of actions to aid health care organizations.
- Federal Small Business Assistance
- The U.S. Department of Labor released information regarding the common issues employers and employees are facing when responding to COVID-19
- U.S Small Business Administration: FAQs Regarding the Participation of Faith-Based Organizations in the Paycheck Protection Program
- U.S. Department of Agriculture: COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide
Food and Drug Administration:
- FDA Opens to Respirators From Chinese Manufacturers, Revises Respirator Enforcement Policy
- FDA Eases Regulations on Face Masks and Respirators During COVID-19 Pandemic
- FDA Issues Emergency Use Authorization for Ventilators, Tubing Connectors and Accessories
- FDA Relaxes Modification Restrictions for Non-Invasive Remote Monitoring Devices During COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Federal Trade Commission: Stimulus Payment Scams- What You Need to Know
- Resources for Veterans