Resources for Nonprofits
o ProBono Partnership COVID-19 Nonprofit Resources page
Resources for Small Businesses
o Google enhanced the tools available for small businesses during COVID-19
o AARP:Home Chronic Conditions Complicate Coronavirus Infections
o U.S. Administration for Community Living: What Do Older Adult and People with Disabilities Need to Know about COVID-19
o Tips to help the elderly stay connected by Geriatrician Laurie Archbald-Pannone University of Virginia, US
o ElderCare Locator (800-677-1116)
o Local Area Agencies on Aging- find a local agency here.
Alzheimer's and Dementia
o Alzheimer's Association:
- Coronavirus, Alzheimer's and Dementia: What You Need to Know
- Coronavirus and Dementia: Tips for Public Health Community
- Coronavirus: Tips for Dementia Caregivers
o Child Mind Institute:
- Support for Kids with ADHD during the Pandemic
- Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus
- Dating during the Pandemic
- Parenting During the Coronavirus: Managing Anger and Frustration
o Morgan Stanley: Children's Mental Health in the Time of COVID-19
Young Adults, including College Students
o Transitions to Adulthood Center for Research:
- Resiliency and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How Young Adults Can Manage Loss of Income during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Maintaining Your Emotional Wellness during COVID-19
- Parents Chime in Our Self-Care Strategies While Supporting Loved Ones with Mental Health Conditions during a Pandemic
- Finishing College Classes during COVD-19
Parents and School
o Working from Home during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Tips and Strategies to Maintain Productivity and Connectedness
o The Penumbra: Parenting in the Time of COVID-19 by Shana Kusin and Esther Choo
o NewBridge Services:Readying Teens for a Pandemic School Year
o UCLA Center for Mental Health:
- Resources to Address Racism against Asians, Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders in the U.S. and Lessons Learned as Students Return to School
- Psychological impact of multiple challenges: What should schools do?
- What innovations are schools introducing during these challenging times?
- Restructuring California Schools to Address Barriers to Learning and Teaching in the COVID 19 Context and Beyond
Resources for Housing, Homelessness and Supportive Housing
o National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Tenant Talk: A Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic- Shelter in Place Requires Shelter
- Tenant Talk | Volume 12, Issue 1, which focuses on the intersection of racial and housing justice.
o Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio (CHHIO):
- Guidelines for Establishing Hotels/Motels as Isolation, Quarantine, Respite or Emergency Shelters
- HUD Daily Homelessness Resources
- CSH COVID-19 Guidance for Supportive Housing Providers
- Centering Equity in Times of Crisis and Uncertainty
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council COVID-19 Resources
o Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH):
- COVID-19 Supportive Housing Community Platform
- COVID-19 Webpage
- COVID-19 Budget and Expense Tracker Tool for Providers
- COVID-19 Economic Impact Payment for Social Security Beneficiaries- A Statement from Social Security Commissioner Andrew Saul
Prisoners and COVID-19
- Why Jails are Key to "Flattening the Curve" of COVID-19
- Five Ways the Criminal Justice System Could Slow the Pandemic
- Human Outbreak Response
o National Council for Mental Wellness: COVID-19 Medical Update Presentation
o The Joint Commission: Take 5 Podcast Episode- Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in Behavioral Health Organizations
o New Jersey Department of Health (DOH):
- Dec. 16, 2021 Meeting Recording
- Primary resource for information, including FAQs
- Vaccine Appointment Finder
- NJ DOH Data Dashboard
- DOH YouTube Channel with education and informational video clips
- New Jersey Call Center, open Mon.-Fri., 8am to 8pm in multiple languages: 1-855-568-0545
- Call Center for Individuals Aged 65+ with dedicated appointment slots: 856-249-7007 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
o Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Key Things to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines
o President Joseph Biden Announces National Month of Action to Get More People Vaccinated by July 4, 2021
o Join the National Vaccine Month of Action
o Health Action Network:
- New Vaccine Equity Learning Community
- Equity in COVID-19 Vaccines: Emerging Lessons from the Front Lines
- Free COVID-19 Vaccines and Treatment Are Here: Why America's Families Keep Praying
o The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- CMS' Office of Minority Health developed a COVID-19 vaccine website containing federal resources for healthcare professionals, consumers and resources in multiple languages.
- CMS released the list of quality and efficiency measures under consideration for collection of data on effectiveness, safety, efficiency and timeliness.
- Coverage and Reimbursement of COVID-19 Vaccines, Vaccine Administration and Cost Sharing under Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program and Basic Health Program
- CMS announced it is implementing 21 new procedure codes to describe the introduction or infusion of therapeutics, including monoclonal antibodies and vaccines for COVID-19 treatment and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention implemented six new diagnosis codes, all effective January 1, 2021.
- CMS has updated the payment allowances and effective dates for COVID-19 vaccines and their administration during the Public Health Emergency.
o Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- The CDC published a toolkit for all Long-Term Care Facilities with links to all pertinent information from the CDC regarding COVID-19 vaccination preparation.
- Essential Workers COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution by Jurisdiction - Pfizer
- COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution by Jurisdiction - Moderna
- COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution by Jurisdiction - Janssen
o Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
o The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices' Interim Recommendation for Allocating Initial Supplies of COVID-19 Vaccine
o NJAMHAA's Presentation about the Latest Details on the COVID-19 Vaccine and Distribution Plan (December 9, 2020)
o BioNJ: The Latest Details on the COVID-19 Vaccine and Distribution Plan (December 9, 2020)
o Newsweek: Here's How Many COVID-19 Vaccines Will Be Delivered to Your State
o The Washington Post: Questions about the COVID-19 vaccine answered
o McKinsey & Company: What do the new strains and the vaccine rollout mean for the timing to end the pandemic?
o Vaccine Approval Process (Association of State and Territorial Health Officials)
o Moderna's COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheets for Vaccination Providers and Vaccine Recipients
o Centers for Medicare & Medcaid Services' COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
o Storage and Handling Toolkit (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
o Flyers to Promote Vaccination from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: "All Our Tools", "Why Get Vaccinated" and "Top Priority".
o COVID-19 Vaccination Training and Education Materials
o COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkit
o Healthcare Provider Education for COVID-19 Vaccines
o Atlantic Health CEO Brian Gragnolati: Health Care Community Can Reassure Population on Vaccines
o USPHS Chief Dental Officer Newsletter Issue #55: Communicating with Patients about the COVID-19 Vaccine (Page 13)
o State Vaccine Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information Hub
- New Jersey has published a vaccine information page which includes an online portal for residents who wish to register to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- New Jersey has provided instructions on how, when and where individuals can go to receive a vaccine.
- New Jersey Immunization Information System (NJIIS) Information
- New Jersey Vaccine Scheduling System (NJVSS) Information
- List of Current Vaccination Sites (Please note that this is subject to change)
- Executive Order 207 - Automatically Enrolls Residents Who Choose to Receive a COVID-19 Vaccine into New Jersey's Existing Vaccine Registry.
- Who is eligible for COVID-19 vaccines in New Jersey?
- Resources from the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH):
o Letter from NJDOH Commissioner Judith Persichilli
o COVID-19 Vaccination Plan Executive Summary
o One-Page Vaccination Plan at a Glance
o Importance of Demographic Data Collection and Reporting to Ensure Equitable access to COVID-19 Vaccines
o Revised Inventory Expectations for "Open" COVID-19 Vaccination Points of Dispensing
o Expansion of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine to Ages 12 and Older
o Revised Eligibility Expectations for "Open" COVID-19 Vaccination Points of Dispensing
o NJDOH published Executive Directive No. 20-037, which authorizes certain members of the healthcare provider community to administer the COVID-19 vaccine
o Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey: COVID-19 Vaccines Will Be Covered at No Cost to Members
o The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- CMS announced a permanent expansion of Medicare telehealth services and increased payments to physicians and other practitioners for the additional time they spend with patients, especially chronic conditions.
- CMS announces comprehensive steps to increase the capacity of the American health care system to provide care to patients outside a traditional hospital setting amid a rising number of COVID-19.
- CMS announced new flexibilities aimed at increasing hospital capacity during COVID-19 surge by allowing services to be provided outside a traditional hospital setting.
- CMS expanded the list of telehealth services that Medicare Fee-For-Service will pay for during COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
- CMS expanded the list of telehealth services that Medicare-Fee-For-Service will pay for during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
- Medicare and Coronavirus (including info. on Telehealth and Related Services)
- Medicare Telemedicine Health Care Provider Fact Sheet- Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services
o Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA):
- SAMHSA/DEA Guidance: Buprenorphine and Telemedicine COVID-19 Guidance
- SAMHSA Virtual Recovery Resources
- Use the Telemedicine While Providing Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Notification of Enforcement Discretion on Telehealth Remote Communications
o Northeast Telehealth Resource Center: New Jersey
o OPEN MINDS: How to Maximize Revenue Using Telehealth: A Step-by-Step Guide
o Pathways RTC: Telehealth for Transition Age Youth and Young Adults: Privacy, Emotional, Safety and Welfare during COVID-19 and Beyond
o New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs - FAQs about Telehealth Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
o New Jersey Expands Access to Telehealth Services During COVID-19 by Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
o The Division of Medical Assistance & Health Services, in their Medicaid Newsletter providing temporary telehealth guidelines for all providers effective March 21, 2020 and for the duration of the public health emergency.
o Key Considerations for Adopting/Expanding Telehealth
o Tips for telehealth/video chatting if the provider or the client are experiencing technical issues from Hilary Krosney-Rediker, LPC, LCADC,Director of Addiction Services, Jewish Family & Children's Service of Monmouth County
o HHS Office of Civil Rights has issued a "Notification of Enforcement Discretion" for telehealth remote communications during the public health emergency.
o MCOs, Medicaid/NJ Family Care, and the Children's System of Care announced that they will reimburse providers for telehealth services in the same manner as face-to-face services.
Resources from Technology Transfer Centers
o The Northeast Caribbean Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network (MHTTC):
- Tools for Behavioral Health Professionals During a Public Health Crisis
- Tools for Educators During a Public Health Crisis
- Taking Care of Yourself During a Public Health Crisis
- Responding to COVID-19: School of Mental Health Resources
- Responding to COVID-19: Telehealth
- Responding to COVID-19: School Mental Health Resources
- Educator Wellness Webinar
- Learning From and With the School Mental Health Workforce
o New England Mental Health Technology Transfer Center:
o Central East Mental Health Technology Transfer Center:
- Tip Sheet: Burnout and Virtual Fatigue in Teletherapy
- Tip Sheet: Teletherapy for Individual Services
- Tip Sheet: Group Teletherapy
- Guiding the Shepherd and Shepherding the Flock in the Wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Part 3 Recording
o Southeast Mental Health Technology Transfer Center:
o The Pacific Southwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network
- Published a virtual learning guide.
o Northwest Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network:
- Town Hall On Leading Our School Systems & Communities Through and After Wildfire
- Considerations for Systematic Screening PK-12: Universal Screening for Internalizing and Externalizing Behaviors in the COVID-19 Era
- Anxiety in the Classroom - Managing Anxiety during COVID-19 (Part 2)
o National American Indian and Alaska Native Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network:
o National Hispanic and Latino Mental Health Technology Transfer Center Network:
- Implications of the Psychological First Aid among Hispanic/Latinx Populations during the Pandemic Part I
- Implications of the Psychological First Aid among Hispanic/Latinx Populations during the Pandemic Part II
o Addiction Technology Transfer Centers (ATTC)'s Pandemic Resources
- Listening Session and Strategic Discussion Series
- Substance Use Disorder Services in the Days of a Pandemic
- Telehealth Learning for Substance Use Disorder Treatment Providers and Recovery Support Providers
- Online Telephone and Support Groups
- Healing the Healer: Employing Principles of Neuroscience, CBT, and MI to Understand and Treat Compassion Fatigue Among Human Service Professionals
- A Guide to Using Text Messages to Improve Substance Use Treatment Outcomes
- Advancing Clinicians' Videoconferencing Skills: An Audio-Consultation Series
- Building Recovery Capital through Digital Health Technologies
- Mid-America (region 7) Substance Use Disorder Pandemic Resources
- Great Lakes ATTC and Mid-America ATTC: Substance Use Disorder Treatment Webinar
o Mountain Plains Addiction Technology Transfer Center:
- Best Practices in Supporting Recovery During a Pandemic
- Guidance on Federal Health Privacy Laws for Behavioral Health Practitioners and Peers Support Specialists for Virtual Service Delivery during COVID-19
o Prevention Technology Transfer Centers (PTTC)'s Pandemic Resources
- Self-Care in a Selfless Field Webinar
- Prevention Practitioner's Role in a Disaster Response
- Social Development Strategy Slide Deck for You by Northwest PTTC
- Connecting Prevention Specialists to Native Communities During Times if Crisis: Listening Sessions
- The Role of Stigma in Substance Misuse Prevention: What Prevention Practitioners Can Do To Reduce Stigma
- Prevention Tools for Latino Families During COVID-19
- Listening Sessions Summary: COVID-19's Impact on Prevention Practitioners
- Self-Care in a Selfless Field Webinar
- Prevention Practitioner's Role in Disaster Response
National Center for Excellence for Eating Disorders
o Eating Disorders and COVID-19: What Healthcare Providers Need to Know
o Eating Disorders and COVID-19: What Individuals and Families/Caregivers Need to Know
Privacy Laws and Related Resources
o Center of Excellence for Protected Health Information:
- Tips to Keep Your Telehealth Visit Private
- Federal Guidance for SUD and Mental Health Treatment Providers
- Fact Sheet: SAMHSA 42 CFR Part 2 Revised Rule
- Recorded Webinars:
- Understanding the new changes on 42 CFR Part 2
- Understanding New SAMHSA/OCR Guidance for Telehealth SUD and MH Services
- Maintaining Patients Confidentiality When Providing Medicine for Opioid Use Disorder in Community Health Centers
o Paycheck Protection Program Extension Act of 2021
o American Rescue Plan Act of 2021:
- Summary and key provisions for mental health and substance use treatment written by the National Council for Mental Wellbeing.
- American Rescue Plan Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund FAQs by National Association of Counties
o Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, The CARES Act:
- A summary of the CARES Act that is found on Senator Menendez's website.
- The office of US Senator Cory Booker prepared The Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act
- Questions and answers about the CARES Act from the National Association of Count Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Directors.
- Food and Drug Administration- The CARES Act: Relief for Health Care Providers
- Expanded Unemployment Insurance Access and Benefits: 4 Key Takeaways From the CARES Act
- New SBA Regulations Provide Clarity on the Application of the CARES Act Payment Protection to Tax-Exempt Nonprofit Organizations
- From Mercadien:
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act Questions and Answers
o Families First Coronavirus Response Act:
- Summary of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act from the Pro Bono Partnership
- The U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) published a temporary rule focusing on paid leave.
- The USDOL has provided Questions and Answers regarding the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Click here.
o Federal Legislation and Funding Enacted to Address COVID-19
o Forum Selection Clause Not Enforced and Parties May Seek Relief in Alternate Forums Due to COVID-19
Resources for Healthcare Service Providers and Administrators
o New Jersey Innovation Institute’s (NJII's)COVID-19 Resources for Healthcare Administrators and Operations
o NJ Department of Health:
- COVID-19: Information for Healthcare Professionals
- COVID-19: Information for Public Health Professionals
o NJ Department of Human Services:
o The Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) released information about the emergency funding process.
- DMHAS' Adult Suicide Prevention Committee published two videos about suicide and COVID-19:
- COVID-19 Incident Reporting
- COVID-19 Office of Licensing FAQs for Residential Providers - Please note that the incident reporting and Office of Licensing FAQs for residential providers’ resources also apply to the Division of Developmental Disabilities
- List of Virtual Groups for Emotional Health during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Jaime Angelini Explains the MHANJ's New Jersey Hope and Healing Service in Podcast Interview
- Congregate Day Program Re-Opening Requirements
- Screening in Residential and Congregate Day Program Settings
- Guidance for Residential Providers on Visits with Family and Friends
- COVID-19 Surge Planning for Residential Providers
- Office of Licensing Questions and Answers for Residential Providers
- Updated Employee Onboarding Requirements
- Temporary Service Modifications
- Temporary Funding for Residential Providers
- Residential Moves
- COVID-19 Incident Reporting
- DMHAS and the Mental Health Association in New Jersey’s (MHANJ’s)NJ Hope and Healing Program's Crisis Counseling Program
- Division of Aging Services: Health Ease "Staying Healthy Recommendations & Related News" (Issue#243)
- Division of Developmental Disabilities:
- Division of Family Development: Child Care in New Jersey
o New Jersey Department of Children and Families
- COVID-19 Guidance for Congregate Care Residential Treatment Programs
- Resources for Licensed Childcare
Parents and Children
o Montclair State University's Center for Autism and Early Childhood Mental Health:Talking to Young Children about Violence in the News
Employers and Businesses
o Business Resources
o New Jersey Department of Law and Workforce Development
o The Employers Association of New Jersey (EANJ) regularly updates their Coronavirus Workplace Resources for employers.
- EANJ’ website has a page dedicated to the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act and Mandatory Sick Leave policy that were part of the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act signed into law on March 18, 2020.
o Unemployment Services Trust (UST), a NJAMHAA Approved Vendor, has assembled a list of the essential COVID-19 resources for nonprofit employers to help navigate the impact of the pandemic on both organizations and their employees. Click here to access the employer's toolkit.
o Tax Exemptions and Implications of Employee COVID-19 Hardship Payments
o Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP- Coronavirus: An Employer's Action Guide
o Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith, and Davis LLP have provided guidance in regard to the COVID-19 Employment Law Update, which includes guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), as well as Employers' Americans’ with Disabilities Act (ADA) Rights and Responsibilities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to read more.
o Genoa Healthcare: Preparing for the COVID-19 Vaccine
o U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): What You Should Know about COVID-19 and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and Other EEO Laws
o RutgersCast On the Pandemic w/ Dr. Eddy Bresnitz
o The New Jersey Department of Labor Benefits- What Employees Should Know
o Worker Protections and Leave Benefits
o The New Jersey Department of Labor webpage shares detailed information for employees out of work for different reasons related to COVID-19, and also has a chart (in English and Spanish) that you can download.
- What NJ Workers Need to Know about the Families First Coronavirus Responce Act
- State of New Jersey COVID-19 Jobs and Hiring Portal
o New Jersey Department of State Nonprofit Information
o COVID-19 Workforce Trend Report
o New Jersey Nonprofits Should Stay Up to Date with State Charitable Filing (From Pro Bono Partnership)
o UST's COVID-19 Resource Center
o UST's "COVID-19 Facts vs. Fiction: Essential Insight for Nonprofit Employers"
o UST's Free Telecommuting Toolkit for Nonprofits - UST is a NJAMHAA Approved Vendor. Be sure to mention your NJAMHAA membership when you contact UST.
o NJ Department of Banking and Insurance COVID-19
- COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program
- Department of Community Affairs: Information on Housing Assistance Programs
- COVID-19 State and Local Housing Policy and Legislative Responses Tracker
- State & Local Policy Recommendations for COVID-19
- Mortgage, Rental and Housing Assistance
o Department of Military and Veterans’ Affairs website - COVID-19 Information for Veterans
o NJ Veteran Benefits: VBB@dmava.nj.gov
o Donald Norcross' website's resources for veterans
- NewBridge Services: Preparing for the Pandemic College Life
- Rider University: The Connection Between Social Media and Eating Disorders Among Young Adults
o Knock Out Opioid Abuse: 5th Grade Parent Alert is now available. Click here to request free downloadable parent information and resource guides for the parents of 5th grade students.
o Center for UCLA- Center for MH in Schools and Student Learning Supports
- Mental Health and the Crisis
- National School Boards Association's guidance on the crisis
- About Innovative Summer Enrichment Programs
Partnership for a Drug-Free New Jersey
Awareness Campaign Toolkit Registration
o The Community Health Law Project's COVID-19 Resources
Lancet Psychiatry Publications (From April 2020)
o Virtual Treatment and Social Distancing
o Suicide Risk and Prevention During the COVID-19 Pandemic
o Multidisciplinary Research Priorities for the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Call for Mental Health Science
Working From Home
o ThinkHR'son-demand webinar has Kara Govro, Senior Legal Editor, addresses their most common HR questions relating to COVID-19.
o Arudia has posted 30 tips for staying positive and productive during this crisis, which addresses working at home.
o Szaferman Lakind Attorney's at Law released an article with tips of the trade for working for home.
o Working from Home During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Tips and Strategies to Maintain Productivity and Connectedness
o School Counselors Support Students Remotely
o Finishing College Classes During COVID-19
o Are You a College Student with a Mental Health Condition? Strategies and Tools to Finish Your Semester
o Graduating In A Pandemic: Advice for the Anxious Post-College Job Search